RedSky Technologies, an E911 software solutions company based in Chicago, IL, is seeking a dynamic Sales Engineer.
- Are you analytical with a passion for technology?
- Do you enjoy problem solving and training customers with new software?
- And, are you looking for an opportunity with an innovative, growing company?
RedSky Technologies is the leading provider of on-premise and cloud-based E911 solutions. In 1999, we developed and patented the first automated software application to manage 911 location data. As technology has evolved, we have kept pace with emerging voice technology to meet the requirements of modern enterprises. Our E911 enterprise-class software is used by 50 of the Fortune 500 companies. Using state-of-the-art software development languages and frameworks, our solutions are designed to run in the most secure enterprise, government and virtual environments.
Join our team as a Solutions Engineer to design and architect E911 Solutions. Use your business and technology acumen to consult with our customers on installation, configuration, validation, and training. Support the sales team as they sell E911 software applications. While reporting to the Director of Professional Services, become a trusted adviser to peers and customers.
- Understand available RedSky products, and become an E911 subject matter expert
- Provide hands-on, pre-sales technical guidance to sales partners to put together deals for prospects and existing clients
- Identify requirements and develop advanced solution configurations in response to sales and prospect requirements
- Provide escalation support to Application Specialists regarding our software product as well as best practices for emergency services
- Act as a liaison between the professional services team and the development team
- Create documentation for customers as well as Application Specialists regarding best practices and troubleshooting procedures
- Setup and maintain lab environments
- Provide support to developers as part of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Support internal IT infrastructure for SaaS or Hosted customers
- Triage technical issues and classify as potential software defects
- Other projects/duties as assigned
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making, time management and organization skill set.
- Able to rapidly learn new technologies and communicate effectively with various teams.
- Experience with ability to systematically gather relevant information, address issues, and make prompt and insightful decisions.
- Ability to establish trust and become a trusted advisor to potential customers and business partners
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, telecommunications, or equivalent experience is preferred.
Preferred Technical Capabilities:
- 3+ years experience in at least 2 of the listed communication systems: Cisco, Avaya, Nortel, Asterisk, Microsoft
- Hands on skills with cloud (AWS preferred), Cisco networking tools, SD-WAN, Active Directory, virtualization (VMWare preferred) are required.
- Strong understanding of networking technologies including: SIP, TCP/IP, WAN, VoIP, QoS, MPLS, and legacy TDM based services
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interface well with customers and vendors
- Understanding of public safety concepts is desired
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
RedSky Technologies will reward your talents with a compensation package that includes an attractive base salary. You will also receive a competitive benefits package including health, paid vacation, and holidays. Attractive downtown Chicago location is convenient to public transportation.
If you have a knack for solving IT problems with a passion for customer service, we encourage you to apply with your resume at email@example.com and reference the position Solution Engineer.